Chawanmushi (茶碗蒸し) Japanese Steamed Egg Custard
For 2 Persons Preparation Time ca. 30 Minuten
- 3 eggs (150g)
- 1 teaspoon of sake (5ml)
- 1 teaspoon of Tsuyu (5ml)
- 1 and 1/2 cups (300ml) water
- 1/2 shiitake mushroom (15g)
- 6 ginkgo biloba (6g) (optional)
- 3 sagebrush leaves (optional)
- a little bit of salt
- Put hot water in a bowl and mix it with tsuyu and cooking sake to make broth.
- Put some cooking oil in a heated pan, put ginkgo biloba and fry over low heat. Place the roasted ginkgo biloba on a kitchen towel and remove the skin by rubbing it with your hands.
- Cut shiitake mushrooms and crab meat into ginkgo sized pieces.
- Wash sagebrush thoroughly and remove only the leaves.
- Beat eggs well and sift them, then mix with salt, cooking sake, mirin and tsuyu broth
- Pour egg water into a bowl, put ginkgo biloba, shiitake mushrooms, crab meat, and mustard greens on top and cover with aluminum foil.
- Put it on a steamer with steam and steam for about 10 minutes.