Tteokbokki (Toppoki) - Stir-fried rice cakes, Spicy version
For 2 Persons Preparation Time ca. 20 Minuten
For Tteokbokki (Topokki) Sauce
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of red pepper powder
- 1 spoon of red pepper paste
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 400g rice cakes
- 2 cups of water
- Leek 1 root
- 2 pieces of fish cakes
- 1 boiled egg
- Wash and soak rice cake in warm water till the rice cake is softened. Cut the fish cake and shallot into bite-sized pieces.
- While the rice cake softens, add red pepper paste, sugar, pepper powder and soy source into the water and mix well.
- Add the rice cake and cook the rice cake is completely cooked
- Add the fishcake, shallot and boiled egg. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook all ingredients and the sauce is thickened.